Wednesday, February 11, 2009

DRX9000

I have been slacking on updating my blog, but I have a good excuse! I started a back treatment therapy about 3 weeks ago, and I have had to be to appointments 3 times a week, in Salt Lake City,which will continue for another month! So no free time on my hands! As I was laying awake one night at 3 AM, in pain and so frustrated with my back and leg pain, an advertisement came on the TV talking about spinal care and how they can help herniated discs! So I called them as soon as I could the next day! I met with Doctor Hedstrom, who was so proffesional,and he reviewed my before and after MRI's and it showed that the herniated disc surgery I had one year ago had worked, BUT, right above it was another herniated disc, that was there on the first MRI, and was still there on the 2nd MRI! OK what can I say--- my surgeon is an IDIOT! I had 2 herniated discs, he onlt bothered to fix one!So the pain I have felt for the last year in a half was real! But the good news is Dr. Hedstrom, can help me and can repair my herniated disc without surgery! So my Journey to feeling better has begun! On my first visit to see the Dr. I could not stand up straight, I walked and looked like a 90 year old lady! I could not bend over, I could not sleep, I could not turn over in bed without horrible pain! I was a mess! It hurt to sneeze, or cough. I couldn't move basically! So this amazing machine above , has improved my condition sooo much. I am belted up ,like I am going bungie jumping , then hooked to the machine, which is all computerized. I lay on the machine while it works my spine. No pain only relief. It pulls my Spine and slowly adjust it back, an in the process oxygen is absorbed into the herniated disc helping it to re-absorb back into place and take pressure off of my NERVE! It is realy helping me! I am not 100% yet, but the improvement is amazing! I also wear a back brace when at home, and live on ice! I am on High Magnesium, and Fish oils, and will be starting a muscle strenghthening program soon! I am so happy that I heard that advertisement, it has given me hope, that I can feel good and become normal again!



6 comments:

The Funderburks said...

Is the machine called a DRX9000? I am soooo glad you are feeling better! And I can't wait to see you. What a blessing that you stumbled onto this new technology. That company knows what they are doing with advertisement placement!

BrieAnna said...

That machine is pretty weird looking and pretty intresting to watch but if it helps you GO FOR IT!! i love going with you to your doctors its very peacefull there and everyone is so nice!!! Love you mom and can't wait for you to feel 100% better Love ya!

Brooke said...

I feel for you! I have had back pain ever since I slipped a disc in High School. I also have the beginnings of arthritis in my lower back, in fact I am laying on a heating pad right now! It was good to see you at the shower! Glad your back is feeling better.

Holly said...

We want this to work for you so you can be mom again! We miss your help! keep it up. Love ya

Mama Mia said...

Glenda so glad you are getting some relief! Sending positive thoughts your way!

Bethers said...

Wow, I have been out of the blogging world too and I didn't know all this. I will keep in touch to see how it is going.