Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Put a Smile on My Face

These kids make me smile! We had a fun Easter celebration the Saturday before Easter. Coloring Easter Eggs!

Ally and Noah having fun!


Natalee and Mylee enjoying themselves! It was a fun day! After we colored eggs we had a yummy feast of Hawaiian Haystack! Then the hunt began, The grandkids were hunting for colored eggs full of Treasurers, and the Adult children, were hunting for Groceries, to fill there baskets. I decided Amber and Nate were the most Competitive team, then Laurie and Colby! It was great competition, and in the end they made a few trades with each other!



Some of the loot, they each went home with!

Colby took these Easter pictures, and what a project! Try to get 6 kids from the age of 12 to 3 weeks old to all cooperate at once! The middle four were all ready to pose, but not Dallon, the oldest, we had to beg him to pose, and as soon as the picture was taken that vest was taken off ! Then Baby Paxton, he was more intresested in having Lunch than a photo shoot! But we did get a few good photos! Thanks Colby!




Mylee 2 &1/2 and one little firecracker!



Paxton Jay so adorable! He is growing right before our eyes!



Natalee, thinks picture taking is fun! Such a cutie!



Ally the poser, just turned 9! She is adored by all !!!



A rare pose from Noah! He hates photo shoots! I love it when my Kids and Grankids come to visit. You know it is a Journey, "Over the River and through the Woods, to Grandmas house we go"! But I think it is worth it. My house is alot different than there homes, there is no Wii, no Guitar Hero, No ipods. But there is a Trampoline, a Hot Tub Pool Party, a Playhouse, a huge Barbie collection. I love to watch the creativity begin. A Dance show is usually choreographed and performed, with lots of laughing.
But when Mylee 2-1/2 is back home in the City, it makes me smile when she wakes up one morning and starts throwing clothes in her suitcase , and says, "see ya mom, I am going to GiGi's! Or when Noah 3 comes over for a mid-week visit, and as he comes walking up the stairs hollers!, " Hey GiGi, I'm home, where are you!! Yup, these kids put A Smile On My Face!!








11 comments:

The Funderburks said...

So cute! The picture of them all in their Easter outfits is DARLING! I think it is hilarious that Noah is holding the swan! Hopefully we can come to the Easter grocery hunt next year.

BrieAnna said...

Oh darling grandkids its so fun at your house so relaxing and we all love to come HOME i love you mom and love the cute photos! Love ya!

Holly said...

Your house is a retreat! The kids love it! Mylee and Ally would move in for good if I let them! Thanks for the fun Easter party it was a blast. We love you!

Parry's said...

That Saturday Was the funnest day EVER! I agree Nate and I made out Great! Thanks mom your the best. I love all the pictures and I do agree with Nicole on noah holding the swan. He has a mind of his own. THey put a smile on my face too! I am excited for tonight MOM so you in a while!

Doran & Jody said...

What a fun Easter. Cute pictures and what a fun idea on the Grocery Hunt!! I hope I can remember that for next year!!!

Heather said...

I love this post! Pete and Cassie had their baby boy, Ethan Landis Hoffman. He weighs 8 lbs. 3 oz. I have a picture on my phone, which I will try to get posted on the blog soon. Love you!

Mama Mia said...

Hey Glenda...I was doing some temple work and I ran into your best friend in HS! Charmaine! She works at the Winter Quarters Temple and told me she grew up in Randolph...I knew they would know you and was pleased to find out she was your friend! She lives outside of Lincoln NE and wanted me to say HI!!!! So fun...what a small world!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

your grandkids are so cute! how fun!

Heather said...

Glenda, go to my blog and there is a link to Anna's page. She has a picture of Ethan. I haven't met him yet. I will get to see him in a few weeks..I can't wait!

Dezaree said...

Glenda,

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It is comforting to know that others are out there that feel the same way my husband and I do about our fur-babies. Nicole started to tell me about your little puppy. I am so sorry to hear about that. That must have been so horrible to have gone through. My heart still aches for Ender every day, and I wish that that night never happened. I keep having nightmares about it. But I know that I have to let that part of what happened go, otherwise I'll never be able to heal.
Our poor little Valentine got so depressed after Ender died. She wouldn't eat, play or anything. She kept laying next to the front door like she was waiting for him to come home. It just broke our hearts. My husband found a new puppy 1 1/2 weeks ago. I was hesitant about the whole thing, because I felt like we were replacing Ender. But I know that Ender is irreplaceable, and I also know that he's not coming back. So my selfishness was going to keep Valentine from having a playmate. We went and saw the puppy, and he just melted our hearts. We took him home, and named him Bean. He's a little stinker, and does nothing but irritate Valentine. She doesn't know quite what to make of him, but I think that slowly he's working his way into her heart as well.
I actually know where you guys live....well not the exact location, but I have been to your town several times. I'm from Manila, so we played Rich a lot when I was in high school. In fact, as soon as I got to SUU I recognized Nicole right away. You have a great daughter by the way. She's been a great friend to me, and I am very grateful for her.
Thank you for your comment again. I really appreciated your words of support and comfort.

Doran & Jody said...

I miss your posts on your blog.
Hope all is well with you.