Thursday, August 21, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL....HE IS 55!


Happy Birthday wishes are coming one day late! Our lives are have changed so much in the last few days, I have not been able to get this posted until now! I had to prepare and present a "Get to know the new Bishop" to the primary kids the other day, it was fun and I have been thinking about his life alot lately! He definately is accident prone, 2 broken arms, 1 broken nose, he lost all of his front teeth in a motorcycle wreck when he was 17, He lost all 4 fingers on his left hand in an accident when he was 30 years old. The doctor saved 3 of them! But I decided he has Nine lives! Doug is such a HARDWORKER, one of his many great qualities..What ever he is doing he goes above and beyond! He is so SMART, it amazes me how much he knows! I decided he has earned every gray hair and every wrinkle! Fifty-five years of memories! This is a picture I just love, it is a little Tattered, but so dang cute! He looks about 4 years old!

This is how he looked when I meet him! Isn't he so Handsome!

Another favorite picture! Doug is such a great PAPA! Above he is holdingDallon our first grandchild! All of his 5 grandkids love him!



The Primary kids made him this cute card for his Birthday! Click on it to read some of the message ! Happy Late Birthday Doug, I Love You!


8 comments:

The Funderburks said...

The pictures crack me up!! The candy bar poster is darling. I can't wait until we have kids for dad to love.

Parry's said...

What fun pictures. Natalee knows about EVERYTHING before I do, I get updated by the blog. That poster is FUN! What a great Dad Father in law and PAPA we have. Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Doug!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday! You are the greatest DAD! Thanks for all you do! You are the hardest worker and best example to all of us!

brianabingham said...

Happy Birthday! We really enjoyed coming to Randolph. You have a beautiful home! Thanks again.

Bethers said...

The first picture is how I remember my little brother. My mother thought he was the cutest boy ever but I just couldn't see it when I was young. He grew to be very handsome and now I can see why she loved him so much and that he really was a cute little toddler.

Sherydon said...

Glenda, i would love for you to do that. If you would like to give me a call or drop it off at the house, that would be wonderful!! God Bless you!!

corryfever said...

such cute pictures! doug is the best. i am sure he is an amazing bishop.