Tuesday, January 15, 2008

EVERYDAY LIVING




Since I had my back surgery Doug has had to pull double duty keeping things running smoothly! I know he is getting tired of me saying "Will you please haul this dirty laundry downstairs", or "when you get a minute will you take the garbage out" or "please take this clean load of laundry back upstairs for me"! But he does it, and is always reminding me not to lift or bend! He has also been the cook, creating some delicious meals, Salmon Tacos, Shrimp Ravioli, Chicken Enchiladas, Pot Roast, Yummy Fruit Smoothies, he even cleans up the kitchen after. Besides doing all of my jobs he has been so busy keeping on top of his own business without much help from me. He has been pretty amazing!! I appreciate his help and support, I am feeling a little better everyday, and can't wait until I can pull my share of the load!! He will need a nice vacation after this is all over and will deserve it!!! I did try to get more pictures of him in action, but he moved so fast all my pictures showed his rear view!!

11 comments:

Parry's said...

I am so glad you are feeling a bit better. Way to go Dad..Sorry I am not much help, between the weather and my kids I feel bad.

Bethers said...

I am amazed at Doug's cooking skills and I am so grateful he is taking care of you.
Bethers

The Funderburks said...

Dad, can you come be the chef at my house too? It will be nice when you feel like yourself, mom.

Holly said...

I am glad after all these years dad is finally pitching in!! Maybe he wil be a little more appreciative of you after he does all your work for a few months. Love ya

P.S. I like that action shot of Dad. He looks pretty busy and professional.

Heather said...

Go Doug!! It makes you feel a little better when you know you can count on the ones you love to help when you need them the most. In sickness and health...

The Funderburks said...

I love that the title of the blog is like Martha Stewart's slogan or something...

breezy said...

Oh i am so happy dad is there cause i know he will take real good care of you and knows what you can't do so i know you are in good hands i miss you both love you all!!! love brie.

Mama Mia said...

Go uncle Doug! What is the temp. there in Randolph? It is 2 degrees here in Omaha...I was thinking of you today and wondering who was colder...we have the wind so maybe we are colder!

Glenda said...

Mia, I remember those cold icy Omaha winters!! Our temperature today is 25 degrees, but we have been as low as 22 below zero! It has been a long cold winter everywhere.

Mama Mia said...

Okay you have me on the -22 degrees! Yikes! We are just trying to stay warm!

Abby said...

If you want to call me and talk about painting feel free. 43588156887.