Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLBY! HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!




Happy Birthday Colby Jay! Born 1-1-1983! I remember this day. I worried about arriving safe at the hospital, not knowing what kind of winter roads Logan Canyon would provide.(It was closed 2 days ago). I was worried about drunk New Years Ever's out celebrating on the highways. But the trip was uneventful, we arrived safe on New Years Eve and the pain got worse. All the nurses said: You are the only one here, you are going to have the 1st Baby of 1983! That was the least of my concerns at that minute. And I performed traditionally, with LONG painful labors. So a little Iranian mom walks in the hospital in labor and and pops out the New Years Baby just 5 minutes ahead of Colby! But, I was so happy to have a boy, after 3 girls, I didn't care! You were so beautiful. I remember your dad saying, we didn't get the New Years Baby, We didn't get a 1982 tax deduction, but we got a BoY!!! They did not do ultra sounds then, so all of my babies were a surprise as to what sex they would be!
I had heard other Moms say that they loved their sons, Sons take good care of their moms! And that is exacltly what Colby does, he takes good care of me. If I need help with anything, Colby is my right hand man. (Christmas Lights, Fall Clean-up, Summer lawn care, Hauling off large loads, cleaning the garage out) just to name a few. The best part is anything he does for me he does such a professional job, Like I would want it done and or better!
Colby and I have a special Mother son Connection! We have been through many ups and downs, many dissappointments and many celebrations! That is what bonds our Love. I know when you were 19 years old and we found out about your Kidney function, It was and is still the hardest thing to watch you go through. But, you have stepped up to bat and accepted the situation....... and you are my HERO! Honestly, as you lay in the hospital so many times, I would look at you and think, you have had so many horrible trials, but you survived them. And you are one strong and Amazing Son. You are not only my Hero, But also,your dads, Lauries,your sisters, your neices and nephews, your extended family, your friends.
It makes me happy that you have felt better lately. That is all I want for you is to feel good, and be able to live your life and do the things you love.. Happy Birthday Colby I love you so much!

8 comments:

Parry's said...

You are a great brother colby. Mom those are great photos of him!

Mama Mia said...

What a wonderful post! Happy Birthday Colby! Speedy recovery Glenda!

The Funderburks said...

It is a great post - made me cry. I love the baby picture of Colby and the attitude in the senior picture. It is so like mom to be worried about everything possible on the way to the hospital! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLBY - we love you.

breezy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLBY JAY!!! your are an amazing brother and a strong one too.. everytime i go to the doctor i always say if colby can do it i can too.. i look up to you so much you are also my hero and you are such a wonderful person you deserve the best i hope your birthday was good cause you deserve it!! love ya colby!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Colby!! WE love you. YOu are such a great brother and uncle. We wish you the best in all you do. Love you!

Bethers said...

Colby, you are the Johnston's HERO too. We always say that we don't know how you have gone through everything and come out stronger, better, sweeter, and more spiritual. You are a great example and we all love you.
Bethers
Glenda, let us know how everything went...

Colby said...

Thanks, Mom.
You're truly my hero tho, and I can only aspire to become more like you.
That senior picture is a little much, right down to the NF vest.
oh well, Love ya.

Carly said...

Happy birthday Colby!