Friday, February 8, 2008

WINTER PROJECT

This is the Wall that we knocked out!

This is the original bedroom. Small hallways, old carpet.

After all the demolition was complete.



The demolition crew. Nate, Brandon and Brett. These guys demolished this in 1 hour and hauled off all the garbage.



Natalee helped put the bed back together, but had to practice her tight rope walking. Her outfit is fun, she always goes into Brie's room and finds dressups to wear, this one is pretty mellow usually it is skimpy tank tops and high heels!!



Amber, Natalee and Doug putting the bed back together.





My new shelves in the walk in closet. I can now see what my options are for clothes and shoes. It was obvious that I have more clothes than Doug. (That is normal, Right)






New closet, all empty and ready to fill, it did shrink a little after I filled it up. But I love it!

I had this brilliant Idea about 4 months ago to knock down the wall between my room and the unused bedroom next to it. my bedroom was cramed full, disfunctional closets, and 30 year old carpet. So I mentioned this idea to Doug. He kinda liked the idea. I mentioned it to Nate, he really liked the idea, and went to work on a plan. On Jan . 21st, Nicole and Andy came to help me remove everything from the 2 rooms. A major project with lots of bags for the deseret industries. On Jan 22, the Lakeview Cabins demolition crew arrived and with lots of dust, plaster and paint in the air. Two weeks later the room was finished! Amber and kids came to help us move back in. This has turned out to be such a welcoming retreat. The new closet is amazing! I did wish I had Nicole to help me organize, she will be back. This has been a major improvement, we couldn't be happier. Thanks so much Nicole, Andy, Nate, Amber, Natalee, and Noah ! WE LOVE IT!!!





Master Bath. I have my Own Bathroom, this one is Dougs. It works great not to share a bathroom!









New Bedroom. Natalee is exhausted. A hard days work.








This is the view looking North. A nice reading retreat.










This is the view looking South. The arched door goes into the new walk in closet, and then the bathroom is to the left. closet to the right. A vanity will be placed right under the light fixture! New wood shutters are in the near future also, iIwill do some update photos when these items come to totally complete the project!











12 comments:

Holly said...

Oh Mom it looks so beautiful!! I Can't wait to see it in real life. You deserve a nice walk in closet and a bigger room. I can't believe that carpet was 30 years old! Wow you are much more patient than me. Your house is so perfect and beautiful now!! What will you do next??? Should we start on remodeling my house????
LOVE YA

Holly said...

PS... I was just thinking about all the times we would come into your room and chat after our dates and parties. Now you can fit all your daughters in your room at once and we can now have a nice couch instead of the cedar chest or floor.

The Funderburks said...

Mom - I love it! It was quite a project, but there's nothing like a nice project to give you something to be excited about during the long, cold winter! I have been anxiously awaiting this post and everything looks great! We need to come back and check it out in person.

Laurie Bingham said...

It looks great. I really like the wood trim and carpet. we can't wait to see it.

colbylaurie

breezy said...

Mom i love it wow okay i didn't know it was that big of a project i love it though you deserve all of it wow its amazing and that is just pictures i am sure you love it.. also NATALEE wow she is a silly little girl and i miss you all so much one week and i will see some of you.. but love the house it looks so pretty and seems like it fits into your house well but i am gonna miss the red shag carpet sorry it was just your signature room carpet and i will miss it.. but i love the new room looks great love you.

Heather said...

Glenda it looks wonderful!! How are you feeling? I can't wait to see the room in person.

Parry's said...

I am So happy for you. I must say I thought it was going to be a bit bigger, but it is still a good change! I love It all and can't wait to come see it again! I bet you feel like a queen with a new bedroom!

Bethers said...

I LOVE the sitting area and the closets look amazing. This makes me wonder what I have been doing during that same time. Your house is perfect now---great idea!

Michelle said...

WOW !!!! I love it. It really turned out great. It no wonder you have a backache with all the things you do:) The closet will really be nice. I can't believe how quickly you got it looking so great. Grab a new book and enjoy your new retreat. Can't wait to see in person. See you in a few days. YEA!

Doran & Jody said...

How fun for you!! I wonder if I start a whole in my wall if my sweetheart will finish it? Hmm....

Mama Mia said...

Glenda I love it! I like the arch way! What a great idea...it is a good thing that you have so many talented family members to help out!

alli said...

Hi glenda, its alli (parry) Jardine :)
i was just strolling thru your pictures. and saw your wonderful project!! its beautiful! i will have to bring Ryan way out to Randolph to see it all. i can't even imagine it because its been so long.
it would be fun to get everyone together i think!
anyway just wanted to say hello!