Tuesday, February 26, 2008

DESPERATELY in need of HELP!!!

I have had the calling of Enrichment Night Leader in my ward for 4 plus years now!! I had never attended Relief Society until that point, always having callings in Primary and Young Womens. Oh I forgot I did serve in the Relief Society Presidency for one month, and was called to be Stake Young Women President . So for the first year in this calling I was trying to figure out what Relief Society was all about. I think I understand. It is all about Sisterhood , helping each other grow spiritually, Learning new homemaking skills. To learn how to Enrich our homes and our lives!! I put my whole heart into it, and I have enjoyed the journey..... But, when you are planning your 5th Relief Society Birthday party ! I am feeling a Huge BURN OUT! I have never asked to be released from a calling, but when you have survived 3 presidencies! Yeah I have been practicing my I NEED TO BE RELEASED speech! ( I will never do it)!! I am in Desperate need of your help! I need IDEAS! What do they do in other Wards. Please share! ANYBODY!

7 comments:

breezy said...

Mom new page looks so fun a bright i love it.. but i can't really help you i am sorry but you will come up with something so great you always do why do you think you haven't been released yet they love you in there so much your putting some sassyness into that ward i know it!!!! love you!!!

Parry's said...

wOW YOUR BLOG LOOKS SMASHING! i AM STILL THINKING OF IDEAS. MY BRAIN IS NOT TO SPONTANEOUS!

Holly said...

I saw the other ward in my building had up a cute sign that said "you are 'purse'onally invited" to a R.S. Birthday party and it had a cute purse attached to it. But I don't know any details. My ward handed out a survey this year asking us what we wanted to learn about this year for enrichment. I have a copy of that if you want it. Sorry my ward is stale..no good ideas!!

Holly said...

oh yeah mom look on sugardoodles they have all kinds of ideas. Maybe something you could use.

The Funderburks said...

survey is a great idea and so is the invitation. Mom, I can put that together for you. I gave you ideas on the phone, but I'll see if anyone around here has any more!

Mama Mia said...

I think the purse theme is fun! Our ward is doing something the end of this month but it is always basic and no frills. It is always funner to have a theme.

You could think about the things we carry in our purses and have a talk that involves all the funny items. For instance most of us carry a credit card... ( you know Master Card) I have a little "handout" that looks like a Master Card but it says "Put the Master in Charge". You can think of scriptures and quotes to go with everything you find your purse..sunglasses, tissue, lip stick, gum, keys. You could have favors at the table with the scripture attached, that goes along with the item. Let us know what you come up with.

Bethers said...

I love the springtime/summer look to your blog. I am just drinking it in. About the calling....one word....MOVE!
About the event...two words...GUEST SPEAKER.